The Roses Corset…

I finished this corset a couple of weeks ago just before I went on holiday but ran out of time to blog about it. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. Here’s the reminder: Floral printed cotton, £2 from the remnants bin at Fabrics Galore. Lining is a silk/cotton blend. Both layers are interfacing with slightly different weights of fusible interfacing. Boning is rigilene sew-in boning and finished off with turquoise satin bias binding. The pattern is Simplicity 5006.

Here’s a shot of the inside:

The back of the corset features hook and eye tape.



This is the only shot of me wearing the corset and the bias binding was still unfinished at this point. I’ve not had a chance to wear and photograph it properly as when I finished it, I immediately lent it out to Morley college for a student exhibition they have going on at the moment. As I’ve been on holiday I haven’t had a chance to see if it has been exhibited, so fingers crossed! 20130304-135721.jpg

2 thoughts on “The Roses Corset…

  1. Tessa Crockett says:

    Absolutely beautiful! Great finish inside and out. I need to get satin bias binding for mine when I get to that stage… Tessa x

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s